[CRIU] fix link in 3.8 changelog at kernelnewbies

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Feb 27 18:39:22 EST 2013

Hi Diego,

It has come to my attention that in the Linux 3.8 changelog
(http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges) you are mentioning
checkpoint/restore (I have pasted the relevant text below), but the link
you gave (https://ckpt.wiki.kernel.org/) is to the old CPT project. The
link should be to CRIU, http://criu.org/,
this is the project that tries to implement this stuff. Could you please
fix it? If that's not you, please let me know whom to ask for a fix.

Pavel, guys,

I think you might want to mention criu.org in your patches somehow in
order to eliminate such problems in the future.
The best way, I guess, it to create an article describing how a
particular feature works, and add a link to this article
in the patch changelog. I understand you can't do it for each and every
patch, but it's definitely possible for some of them.
Worst-case, just tell "the feature is to be used by CRIU
(http://criu.org)" or something similar.

Regards,
  Kir

--

SYSV IPC

Add 3 new variables and sysctls to tune them. This variable can be used
to set desired ID for next allocated IPC object. Used by
checkpoint/restart (commit)

Introduce message queue copy feature, needed by checkpoint/restart, as
it requires some way to get all pending IPC messages without deleting
them from the queue (commit)