[CRIU] CRIU on android

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Fri Dec 20 04:05:20 PST 2013

On 12/20/2013 03:59 PM, group PICT MANY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to build CRIU on android using NDK. We have following questions:
> 1. Would CRIU building on android with NDK work?

We haven't tried, but what is required for CRIU is protocol buffers bindings,
standard libc calls and newer kernel features. If this is available in your
setup, everything should be compiled fine.

> 2. Would checkpointing give socket problems?

In CRIU we support unix, tcp/udp, netlink and packet sockets only. If an application
you want to checkpoint/restore uses some other type, then there will be problems.

But we're working on plugins for CRIU, so you will likely be able to provide plugins
for your socket types.

> 3. Also what other problems might occur?

We have lack of testing on ARMs, so this might cause problems. Also there are known
issues with dumping GIU programs.

Anyway, we're open for discussion. Whenever you need help, you can just drop an
e-mail to me and on the mailing list, we'll be glad to help :) Plz note, that the
proper mailing list is the criu at openvz.org one, not the criu-owner at .

Thanks,
Pavel