[CRIU] mnt namespaces

shawn at churchofgit.com shawn at churchofgit.com
Tue Dec 10 20:50:33 PST 2013

---- Original Message ----
 From: "Pavel Emelyanov"
 To: "Shawn Landden"
CC: criu at openvz.org
 Sent: Tue, Dec 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
 Subject: Re: [CRIU] mnt namespaces
On 12/11/2013 08:19 AM, Shawn Landden wrote:
I can't figure out how to dump mount namespaces.

Namespaces are dumped by CRIU when it detects them, not when you specify it
with the option. IOW you should start a task in mount namespace and dump
one. Then CRIU will detect it and try to dump the mount namespace as well.

I tried that first, and I got the same error. the target pid is pid 1 in the namespace.
criu dump -n mnt,net,pid,uts -t 109811

(00.004942) Warn (sk-unix.c:353): Can't stat socket 0x34de(./run/user/1000/pulse/native), skipping: No such file or directory (err 2)

etc....

The mount namespace has a folder bind mounted to /

-Shawn

Thanks,
Pavel