[CRIU] [BUG REPORT] Build error caused by SEM_SET

Stanislav Kinsbursky skinsbursky at parallels.com
Tue Sep 11 12:20:55 EDT 2012

11.09.2012 16:42, Huang Qiang пишет:
> I failed to build linux-cr kernel based on crtools-3.6-rc5 branch, it may
> caused error:
> "drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlge/qlge.h:353: error: expected identifier before numeric constant"
>
> Because we already have the symbol SEM_SET defined in qlge.h, and the commit
> d9af6856bd7db9a88136723aeef8837dbbf4e1cf introduced the duplicate name issue.

Hello.

The main problem here is that names like SEM_SET, MSG_SET and SHM_SET,
introduced in the patch set, are quite logical.
If you look at man pages for msgctl, semctl, and shmctl, you'll notice that all
linux specific command names are created by replacing "IPC" part by
corresponding syscall part ("MSG", "SEM" and "SHM").

Is this name "SEM_SET" really important for you?

I.e. maybe we can change it to something else?

Best regards,
Stanislav Kinsbursky