[CRIU] CRIU in ArchLinux

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at openvz.org
Wed Oct 17 11:45:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 07:35:59PM +0400, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> On 10/17/2012 07:22 PM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> >>
> >> There is other error (probably related to linux headers version):
> >>

> > yup, i think so. As far as I see the PRIO_PROCESS is defined in resource.h
> > linux header, so one might need to update headers before compiling crtools.
> >
> > On the other hands it would be great I think even if we could build the tool
> > with the older headers. Thus if you provide a patch for PRIO_PROCESS definition
> > -- this would be just great. (Pavel, what you think?)
>
> If "old headers" know the getpriority call, why don't they know the PRIO_PROCESS
> macro?

The error happened when compiler tried to build restorer.c which happens a way
earlier than "normal" .c files. And in restorer we use own syscall table with
headers so the compiler knows the function declaration.

I'm trying to say that if headers are indeed too old, we will have an error in
compilation anyway but it'll be related to getpriority libc implementation
rather than PRIO_PROCESS definition.

Need to think...