[CRIU] Signalling processes before CRIU/after unCRIU

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Oct 10 08:40:41 EDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 04:59 PM, Alex/AT wrote:
> I do not know, if this was implemented or is in plans, but nevertheless (if implemented, feel free to kick me a bit):
>
> It would be nice that CRIU sends some signal to the process it is dumping before state freeze (and then wait for
> signal to be handled),

Sending is OK, but "waiting to be handled" is quite a tricky issue.

> and just after state unfreeze. This will allow processes knowing about CRIU to close unnecessary
> descriptors and perform necessary housekeeping just before freeze, and then maybe reopen/redo something after unfreeze.

I have similar idea in plans, but wanted to implemented it another way. An application willing to
help CRIU to do its job should be linked with some crtools.so (does not yet exist) and register in
it. When crtools start dumping some app the former can call code from the latter doing some pre-dump
work.