[CRIU] Fwd: Regarding resources in image format

Rahul Jain rahuljain81 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 06:51:43 EDT 2012

Dear Pavel,

Thanks for your reply.

Reg" > 3. Drivers being insmod by process. What for?"

There are some application which do insmod of drivers.

We are assuming that application will be restored on same machine. In that
case, device driver is already insmodded.

If we are are resuming application on some other machine, which doesn't
have that driver, then it will be a issue. I think so.

We need to also checkpoint some more resources like:-
1) List of FD in select, poll
2) cpus_allowed
3) scheduler policy for the process
4) Nodes
5) Memory policy.
6) Resource Limits
7) HostName, DomainName

Please let me know your valuable opinion.

Thanks
-Rahul