[CRIU] on eliminating helper routines

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at openvz.org
Fri Mar 23 18:38:50 EDT 2012

Hi Pavel,

while being merging with master repo I've found the commit

 | commit 488790b67789bffadde9be3af96fd02e04cb614b
 | Author: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com>
 | Date:   Thu Mar 22 21:17:44 2012 +0400
 |
 |    util: Remove dead code
 |
 | Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com>

which I didn't even see on criuml. In particular this
commit removes two helpers

extern void pr_info_siginfo(const siginfo_t *siginfo);
extern void hex_dump(const void *addr, unsigned long len);

and I feel grumpy. Please (!) don't do that, either setup
commit bot (I can send you commit hook if needed) either
send out patches being commited manually.

Don't get me wrong please, but I do USE this functions, while
I can live without pr_info_siginfo, debugging remote process
space almost every time forces me to use hex_dump so I can
see which data is injected into parasite or/and restorer.

So please revert this commit. If you prefer I can wrap
this functions with DEBUG macro so everyone will note
that this functions are still needed.

	Cyrill