[CRIU] Re: [Announce] Checkpoint-restore tool v0.1

richard -rw- weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:08:22 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, but I fear it's not that easy.
>> We'd have to change crtools to work without ptrace().
>
> Well, this is hard. Using ptrace saved us from having many special-purpose
> APIs for dumping various stuff (there will be an article about it). Thus I
> don't know which way is simpler -- stop using ptrace or teach ptrece to allow
> several tracers to attach to one task %)

Allowing multiple tracers in a safe way is IMHO even more harder.

BTW:  While reading prctl_set_mm() I noticed two things.
1.  Why isn't the return value of find_vma() verified?
It looks like one can set an addr which does not belong to any vma.
2. What will happen if addr is not page aligned?

//richard