[Announce] OpenVZ Vault

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Thu Jun 18 08:21:06 PDT 2015

We would like to introduce OpenVZ Vault - a server with obsolete OpenVZ
content from download.openvz.org.

We have reviewed OpenVZ download server and found files that are no longer
in use for at least a few years, but might be of historical interest. So,
rather than removing such files, we moved them from download.openvz.org
to vault.openvz.org. It allows to save about 25 Gb on download.openvz.org
(and thus reduce the load for mirrors). For the reference, the current size
of download.openvz.org is about 175 Gb.

The current vault policy is:

- unlike download.openvz.org, vault does not have rsync access and
  there are no mirrors of it;
- from time to time the contents of download.openvz.org is reviewed
  and obsoleted files are moved to vault (or removed);
- all such changes are published at https://openvz.org/Vault

--
sergeyb@