[Announce] We published source code of userspace utilities
sergeyb at openvz.org
Tue Jun 2 07:06:42 PDT 2015
We are follow our plan  with publishing sources of Virtuozzo and I am on
behalf of OpenVZ Team want to make a new announce.
Today we are open source code of userspace utilities and make
it publicly available:
* prlctl - unified command line tool to manage virtual machines and
* libprlsdk - Virtuozzo API C++ and python libraries, used for local and
remote communications with a dispatcher management service;
* prl-disp-service - a primary Containers and Virtual machines management
* libvzctl - low-level library for Containers management;
* libvzevent - low-level library for Containers life-cycle notifications
from the kernel;
* vzctl - utility to control a Containers;
* vztt - utility for Containers templates management. Used in Virtuozzo
since Virtuozzo 4.0;
All of them are available in new OpenVZ source code repository with web
We're still working on guidelines on how to contribute
and submit patches . For user-space, we are following git forking workflow .
In nearest future, we plan  to setup a primary OpenVZ bug tracker based on
Q: What is the main utility to manage containers and vitual machines?
A: Using utility prlctl is preferred. Utility vzctl will be kept in upcoming release
for compatibility and will be deprecated in next release.
Q: What will happen to the legacy OpenVZ code?
A: The source code for the old OpenVZ is still available .
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google Plus .
More information about the Announce