[Announce] We published source code of userspace utilities

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Tue Jun 2 07:06:42 PDT 2015

We are follow our plan [0] with publishing sources of Virtuozzo and I am on
behalf of OpenVZ Team want to make a new announce.

Today we are open source code of userspace utilities and make
it publicly available:

	* prlctl - unified command line tool to manage virtual machines and
		containers;

	* libprlsdk - Virtuozzo API C++ and python libraries, used for local and
		remote communications with a dispatcher management service;

	* prl-disp-service - a primary Containers and Virtual machines management
		service;

	* libvzctl - low-level library for Containers management;

	* libvzevent - low-level library for Containers life-cycle notifications
		from the kernel;

	* vzctl - utility to control a Containers;

	* vztt - utility for Containers templates management. Used in Virtuozzo
		since Virtuozzo 4.0;

All of them are available in new OpenVZ source code repository with web
interface [1].

We're still working on guidelines on how to contribute
and submit patches [2]. For user-space, we are following git forking workflow [3].

Plan
====

In nearest future, we plan [0] to setup a primary OpenVZ bug tracker based on
Atlassian Jira.

FAQ:
====

Q: What is the main utility to manage containers and vitual machines?