[Announce] Kernel RHEL6 testing 042stab056.11

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat Jun 9 08:21:20 EDT 2012

Sorry for the incomplete changelog, see the remainder below.

On 06/09/2012 03:39 PM, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> OpenVZ project has released a new RHEL6 based kernel.
> Read below for more information.
> Everyone using this kernel branch is advised to upgrade.
>
> Changes
> =======
> (since 042stab056.8):
> * Rebased to 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6 RHEL6.2 kernel (security and bug fixes)
> * [ovs] Open vSwitch support is complete and enabled
> * [ext4/xfs] warnings were added to detect a situation when direct
> reclaim tries to write writeback pages
> * [block] sleep while atomic has been fixed (bug introduced in 56.8 kernel)
> * [mm] several enhancements on direct reclaim and writeback joint work
> * [cpt] CT restore could hang in case of any cpt error handling
> * [cpt] improve deleted /dev/zero file handling during cpt, fixing
> migration failures on recent kernels
> * [cpt] mount namespaces (for Fedora 17) checkpoint/restore support has
> been added
> * [scheduler] idle time stat reported by /proc/stat has been corrected
> * [scheduler] scheduler bug report has been corrected to print proper
> calltrace
> * [ipv6] deadlock on network interface shutdown fixed
> * [watchdog] prohibit access to hardware watchdog devices from inside
> CTs (#2286)
> * [mm] BUG_ON on freeing a writeback page has been fixed
> * [fuse] some fairness in handling writeback has been added

Also:

* [mm] dirty pages reclaim process now can be interrupted
   by SIGKILL to an appropriate process. This will help
   in case the underlying fs is stuck.
* [cgroups] locking order has been corrected => deadlock
   has been fixed (PSBM-13297, #2278)
* [cpt/mqueue/Fedora17] mqueue fs mount inside a CT
   has been enabled, this fs is needed for Fedora 17.
   Online migration of a Fedora 17 CT with _empty_
   mqueue fs mounted is supported (at the moment we do
   not know who uses mqueue fs in real life). If mqueue
   mount is not empty, online migration fails
* [cpt] a kernel panic has been fixed