[Announce] New vzctl and devel kernel releases; OpenVZ wiki

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Jun 7 10:46:04 EDT 2006

We are happy to announce the release of an update of the development
kernel branch and of the vzctl.

The kernel update includes support for IPv6 and virtual ethernet device
-- please note these features are still in development and may be not
very stable. Also, vzctl undergone a massive change in directory
structure in order to improve FHS comformance, so there might me some
issues. Please use bugzilla (http://bugzilla.openvz.org/) to file bug
reports.

Wiki
====
In addition, we would like to announce a new OpenVZ site:
http://wiki.openvz.org/. This aims to be the main documentation resource
for OpenVZ, with the community help. Wiki engine used (mediawiki) allows
for easy contribution, so we welcome everybody to use and add to the site.

Changes
=======

vzctl
-----
* Directory structure reorganization in order to be FHS-conformant.
* Support for veth device.
* Virtualization of /proc/meminfo.
* Switch to new versioning scheme.
* Other fixes and improvements.

See full changelog here:
http://openvz.org/news/updates/vzctl-3.0.10-1

ovzkernel
---------
* IPv6 virtualization.
* Virtual ethernet device (veth).
* Checkpointing of skfilter, fixes in threads migration.
* /proc/meminfo tuning from userspace.
* vzquota lockup fix.
* UBC optimization, leak fixes.
* Mount operations restriction.
* Compilation fixes.
* Mainstream security fixes (up to 2.6.16.18).
* Some fixes ported from the stable OpenVZ kernel.

See full changelog here:
http://openvz.org/news/updates/devel-kernel-026test014.4

Downloads
=========